- SIAMS (church) Inspection
As you know, we had our SIAMS (church) inspection on 15th March. Mrs Jenny Earp inspected the school and spent time talking to parents, pupils, staff, governors and our Rector, Luke. She also observed R.E. lessons across the school and collective worship (assemblies), and scrutinised a range of evidence including: pupil progress and attainment data (Reading, Writing, Maths and R.E.), pupils’ work and books, plus a range of supporting evidence provided by the school, including our own self-evaluation.
I am delighted to announce that the inspection went extremely well and we have been graded as an “Outstanding Church of England Primary School”. The inspector highlighted many areas of strength across the school, including:
- “The impact of the School’s strong Christian values are integral to the School … they are put into action every day and as a result, the behaviour of pupils is excellent.”
- “The impact of the School’s strong Christian character and values is evident in the high quality of care and the relationship between all members of the School Community.”
- “The emphasis on valuing each child as an individual and meeting them at their place of need has a positive impact on academic achievement.”
The report identifies two areas for further development, which are:
- Develop the outdoor environment further to include a quiet reflection area in order to enhance the provision for spiritual development and provide an alternative place for creative collective worship.
- Build on the best practice within the school to increase the proportion of outstanding teaching in Religious Education (R.E.).
Work is already underway to develop these aspects and build on the strengths with our school.
Needless to say, we are very pleased that the combined effort and support of our whole school community has been recognised as ‘Outstanding’. Thank you for all of your ongoing support in making our school so special. The full report is available under the ‘Reports’ tab.
- Red Nose Day 2017
Thank you to everyone who participated in and donated money to Red Nose Day 2017 – we had a fantastic time in school and raised over £350 for the charity – thank you so much!
Headteacher: Mrs Suzanna Featherstone-Wright MA, BA (Ed) Hons, NPQH.
Deputy Headteacher: Mrs Louise Slocombe BA (Ed), PGCE.
Binfield CE Primary School, Benetfeld Road, Binfield, Bracknell. RG42 4EW
Contact details: 01344 860106 or firstname.lastname@example.org