Our History

Binfield CE Primary School (VA) opened in 1988 when a piece of farm land was turned into what is now know as Foxley Fields.

Prior to this, the children of Binfield were taught at two village schools, St Marks and All Saints. However, these schools were too small to support the expanding village and a new one form entry primary school was built next to Foxley Fields.

Over time, Binfield CE Primary School (VA) has expanded to become a two form entry primary school.

headThe school has retained its continuity with the past. Outside the Headteacher’s office is the school bell from 1852 from All Saints school. Each child in Year 6 is invited to ring the bell on their last day in school in July.

St Marks Primary School
St Marks was a small Church of England Primary School, which had four classes, with four teachers, including the Headteacher. Every year in the Summer term, the whole school went on a residential trip for a week.

School started at 9am with an assembly in the school hall. The morning was spent on Maths, English, History and Geography, whilst the afternoon was spent on Art, Craft, Music and P.E. The lessons for Craft were split into gender groups, with boys doing woodwork, and girls doing sewing. P.E. was the same, with boys playing football, and girls playing netball. The day then finished at 3.30pm.

Some things haven’t changed: in the Autumn term, the children celebrated Harvest, and Christmas was important with nativity plays and Christmas celebrations. In the Summer, the school held a Summer Fete and a Sports Day.

All Saints Primary School
We are currently investigating school life at All Saints Primary School. Please watch this space…!